Saturday 25 May 2013

Dress Up Starts Here.....

Hello Everyone

Have you see the Dress Up dies in the Spring/Summer catalogue from Stampin' Up! Since I bought mine a few weeks ago they have lived on my craft desk! I just love all the things you can do with these dies.

I have a couple of videos to share with you over the next two weeks and lots and lots of different samples. Here are a few just for a starter....I told you I had made a lot! LOL


Here are a few close ups so you can see the embellishments and techniques I have used...

Below you can see ribbon and a brad on the Red Glimmer paper dress, a Vanilla Flower trim with a Large Pearl, small Basic Peals and Victoria Crochet ribbon on the DSP dress and on the final dress layered ribbon and an In-Color Dahlia.


Below I cut down the dress with a punch and the scallop edge of one of the dress dies to create an apron. The one on the right has the bodice stamped with a stamp from the Artistic Etchings stamp set and the skirt is cut with the Scallop Circle die.

 
 
The dress on the left below was first cut in Whisper White, then embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper die, them rubbed over with Frost White Shimmer Paint. I finished with a piece of Silver Glimmer paper to extend the length of the dress. On the right I used ribbon and Bakers Twine to create a bow to go on the jacket. I have a video showing another type of jacket made with this die coming up on Tuesday. 
 
 

As I said - this is just the start - keep visiting for more ideas and techniques!

Love Elizabeth X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for your message. I love to hear from you. X

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.