Thursday 18 July 2013

Simply Sketched, water-coloured

Hello Everyone

I promised more sample cards featuring the Simply Sketched stamp set. It makes even the worst colourists, (is that a word?), like me feel like an artist.

All I did here was to stamp the bird-on-reeds image in Stazon ink. I used our lovely watercolour paper so I could use plenty of water in on my Aqua Painter brush. I picked up ink from my ink pads by squeezing them and creating a pool of ink in the lid. Because our inks are water based, it means you can create this watercolour effect.


The key is to let the colours dry before applying the next one - although where I didn't do this on the reeds in the water, it actually gives a very soft effect that I like. The ink colours I used were Soft Sky, Pool Party and Coastal Cabana for the water and sky, Old Olive for the reeds and Crumb Cake and Baked Brown Sugar for the bird.

The card base is Baked Brown Sugar and the mat is Early Espresso.

To make the topper for the Naturals Ribbon, I cut down the Mosaic Punch and added a brad from the Vintage Trinkets collection.


Hope you like today's project. Back on Sunday with something completely different...although I will be returning to Simply Sketched again soon... :)

Love Elizabeth X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for your message. I love to hear from you. X

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.