Friday 16 April 2010

April Class Boxes & Cupcakes

Hello Everyone
...
You have seen a few boxes on my blog lately and this is the reason why! I have been teaching box making at my April classes. This one is made using two 8"X 8" squares of cardstock, stamped in mellow moss ink using the 'It's Beautiful' wheel - and now I know how it got its name - as everyone rolls the wheel, they say "It's Beautiful"! Absolutely true!
The box is simply finished with a scalloped edge border and we made a matching gift tag. These boxes are also great to layer other images on.
...
I made this one for my friend Susie, who is celebrated her 40th birthday recently with a girls afternoon tea at a very posh hotel! She loves cupcakes so I found a decorated cupcake cookie and chocolate and put them in this box. I used Crazy for Cupcakes - one of my long term favourite stamp sets - to make the appropriate decoration.

...

...
If you look on the close up below, you will see I stamped the pretty in pink background twice, with one of the images from Vintage Vogue, once using pretty in pink ink, once using the white craft ink. I love the delicate effect and will definitely be doing this again.

Hope you like - back soon with more!

2 comments:

  1. I love how that pretty in pink background turned out with the stamping in two different colors! It looks gorgeous! I'll have to try that! Your boxes are fabulous! ~Jacqueline @ Scraps of Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is brilliantly done.... I loved the background u created ..... which looks very ALIVE.... I loved it... just waiting to see me improve to that stage.... fingers crossed....

    I don seem to get an access to your recent post.... I hope I would.... Love you... hugs))))

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for your message. I love to hear from you. X

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.