Friday 30 May 2014

Lovely as a Tree two ways

Hello Everyone

Do you own the Lovely as a Tree stamp set? If not why not? LOL  It is our longest lasting stamp set in the Stampin' Up! catalogue, we think over 15 years it has been around, for the very good reason that it is simply beautiful.

It works at Christmas time with a stunning fir tree, there is a beautiful oak tree, an oak leaf and some little leaf stamps - but best of all is the row of trees and I am sharing two cards using these.

The first is the classic reflection card. (I have a video on this technique if you would like to search). We did this one recently at my upline's training event.


The second card was inspired by a swap I received from a fellow demo called Jill Boulton, (thank you Jill). She used the idea of the coloured strips and vellum, but with another stamp set. I loved the idea and decided it would be perfect with Lovely as a Tree. 

The buttons and clear - they match the trio of Itty Bitty punches, (retiring soon - get them while you can). I punched the matching shape from co-ordinating cardstock and used the buttons to hide the dot of Tombow glue I used to adhere the vellum. The buttons are also stuck to the coloured backing with tombow and the 'thread' is done with a chalk marker. 




I was very happy with the way this CASE came out - hope you like it too.


Love Elizabeth X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks SO much for your message. I love to hear from you. X

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.