Monday 1 August 2011

Summer Splash 3 Ways

Hello Everyone

Recently I got the chance to have a play with the Summer Splash stamp set - I don't own it yet - but love it! I am working on buying the whole catalogue, but it takes a while! LOL

I made three different types of card to share with you - I love them so much I have them on display in my craft room right now.


The first one is my Surfer Beach card. I just LOVE those surf boards. I stamped them in Certainly Celery and then added more colour with Wild Wasabi & Tempting Turquoise markers


I cut out the surfboard images and coated them with a layer of Crytal Effects to get a shiney finish. The sand was made with Crumb Cake cardstock, daubed with Crumb Cake ink and the spritzed with Soft Suede and Chocolate Chip ink.

I hand cut the coconut tree - the sun is done with So Saffron cardstock and daubed with different yellow and orange shades. You can feel the warmth can't you? :)

OK - card number 2 is my Summer Splash / Pirates combination. I wanted an 'above and beneath the waves' effect. I inked the ship with markers and stamped that image first.


I next did the sea bottom with daubers and dots from the Confetti stamp set. The cute sea creature images I stamped using the rock n roll technique. I used the little shell image at the top to cover the pirate skull image - which didn't really match my theme! DH Mike calls it my Octapusses Garden card.

The final card used a background technique - more of this soon as we are doing it in a class.


I had lots of fun using Summer Splash - I think the images would be great for scrapbooking too. I like them all - but I do have my favourite...I love that Surfer Beach!


Which one do you like best?

8 comments:

  1. Those surf boards looks fab. Oh to be by the seaside..........

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the beach card.... My favorite & would love to be inspired by it soon..... :)

    Ash... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I really like the pirate one. I hope your hand is better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! The coconut tree one is my favorite. Great job. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Summer cards. Love all the blues and greens. I especially like the second one with the ship in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful summer cards! I think the beach scene is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness are these ever FUN!! I love the details on each one but have to say that the beach card is my favorite. Great little scene you created and I'm so impressed that you cut out that tree by hand. Looks fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What FAB cards Elizabeth! The colors & layouts are just great gf....you do such nice work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for your message. I love to hear from you. X

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.