Sunday 7 August 2011

Subtle and Bright

Hello Everyone

A quick post today with some of my summer thank you cards. I make a little thank you card to give to my lovely customers with each of their orders.

These first ones were totally inspired and CASED from my lovely online friend Anne Marie over in Texas who used her Subtle colour pallet with my favourite stamp set Kimono Kids. Until then I had used bright reds and blacks for these stamps.


Those little Kimono Kids look so sweet in Pirouette Pink and Bashful Blue. I coloured them using blender pens and inks to get a soft look.

Now for something brighter for my next crop of thank you cards...


For these I started with square cards in Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie & Concord Crush. Now officially the Concord Crush is an In Color - not from the Brights collection - but I thought the four colours worked well together.

I started by embossing the base cards with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. I used the 1 1/4" square punch to quickly punch the scraps into squares to make the layer.

The images on the cards and envelopes are from the lovely Cute by the Inch hostess set.

I hope you like my subtle and bright cards.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabth! These are such fun thank you notes! Kimono Kids is one of my all-time favorite sets, too. I just love the colors and the cut out umbrellas. Your customers are going to love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, love them both with the little Kimono Kids and the block colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these are fun! What a wonderful gathering of cards. The little umbrellaed girl is fabulous! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how bright and fun your cards are! Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. both groups are gorgeous and what a great personal gift to add to their orders (I maybe borrowing this idea in the near future) Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet collection of cards. I especially like the first set. The little kimono kid is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome & cheerful sets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both sets are too cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are totally cute Elizabeth! Love the colors on both sets...very nice work Hun & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for your message. I love to hear from you. X

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.