Sunday 18 July 2010

July Class Projects - Choice 1

Hello Everyone
...

At my classes I try to do something to suit everyone - from trendy to traditional - and this month I went one step further and decided to let everyone choose which project they wanted to make.
...
The whole idea behind this project was inspired by Michelle who goes to my Twyford craft class. She said that often she needs a card REALLY fast and doesn't have time to sit down and create something complex. I decided to make a little box of cards - firstly so that she has 3 on hand - secondly to show how fast they can be to make.
...
So first the box - this is a 'pizza box' style with a lifting lid and fits 4" square cards and envelopes inside.
...
This design is 'choice 1' - a shabby chic/vintage look using the Very Vintage wheel and the beautiful Studio Sketches hostess set.
...
Now a second thank you - these cards were inspired by Jan who comes to my Rownhams daytime class. She did some similar designs and I loved how they came out.

...

...
As you can see I did a tiny tag on the ribbon closure and the whole project is done using just one ink colour - Mellow Moss. Now this is my favourite green and it is retiring soon - so get your supplies in girls before it is gone!
...
Now for the cards....



Fast and fabulous! Also using the same stamp set - you can literally make one with a matching envelope in two minutes.
...
So thank you Jan and Michelle for inspiring this class - and for choice 2 - pop back in a couple of days and all will be revealed right here!
...

1 comment:

  1. I simply cannot make out the difference between shabby chic & vintage..... ;) Does both mean old & worn out....? However the set looks so good & appealing.... in a subtle way..... All the elements are simple & light..... but most valuable with sentiments in them..... :) I am in the process of attempting one such, but still as said fail to understand the difference..... :(

    Hugs )))

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for your message. I love to hear from you. X

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.