Thursday 6 May 2010

Faux Tear Butterfly Card

Hello Everyone

...

Today I am sharing a card that I taught at a class earlier in the year. It uses the faux tearing technique.


Now anyone who knows me, will tell you I am a neat freak - so although I do occasionally using torn card in my projects - it definitely goes against the grain for me! LOL

...

That is why I like faux tearing - all the effect with none of the edges! This effect is achieved by tearing a piece of scrap paper and laying both edges down on the cardstock, (use temporary adhesive to keep in place). Then using a dauber apply ink in one or two colours along the space you have created between the paper.

...

Before we removed it, we stamped the butterfly image from the A Touch of Nature stamp set in elegant eggplant ink. Once the scrap paper was removed, this is the effect that was revealed.

...

Finally we layered up the butterfly on whisper white and elegant eggplant cardstock and coloured in with markers.

...

Easy to do, but very effective. Leave me a message and tell me if you like it! :)

3 comments:

  1. Very fun. Love how the faux tearing looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look...... Have fun... deary....

    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Elizabeth! I love that technique & I taught it a month ago...my ladies LOVED it too!!! Your card came out great my friend!!
    Hugs & Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for your message. I love to hear from you. X

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.