Sunday 17 January 2010

More Projects to Share

Hello Everyone
...
Well the one thing the snow has done is kept me in my craft room - so lots more projects coming up! We have had a thaw now and the sun is shining.
...
My first two projects are especially made for Julie, who has just bought the wonderful Flight of a Butterfly set, the matching punch and some vellum cardstock - which works so well with those butterflies. Of course with the Sale a Bration promotion, Julie also got a free stamp set Happy Moments, which has those fab flowers that I used for the background.
...

The base card is made in Pretty in Pink cardstock, layered with Lovely Lilac and the images are stamped in Rose Red ink. The flowers are watercoloured using Pretty in Pink and Rose Red ink, and the butterflies are punched and layered with a punched layer of vellum, joined with gold elastic to for the antenae.
...
The 'for you' sentiment also comes from Happy Moments. I just inked the edge of the butterfly stamp, so there was a clear space to stamp the sentiment in the middle.
...
The next one is another idea with the same supplies.
...
This is a card cut at 3.5X3.5 inches in both Lovely Lilac cardstock and vellum cardstock.
...
Next I punched the butterfly shape in the vellum. By layering the vellum over the cardstock, I gently marked the location of the butterfly with a pencil and used this mark as a guide when stamping the butterfly outline using Rose Red ink on the lilac card. (I rubbed out my pencil marks once the ink was dry).
...
I stamped a few of the small butterflies on the inside layer and then stamped two on Whisper White cardstock and hand cut them for the outside. The 'thank you' sentiment from Happy Moments was stamped on the vellum and allowed to dry. (Stazon ink will dry quickly, but waterbased inks take a little longer on Vellum.
...
Two quite different effects with the same goodies. I look forward to seeing what other ideas Julie comes up with. Happy stamping Julie! :D
...
Next I am going to share a little project I made with the Birdcage image - also from Happy Moments, (this set hasn't made it off my desk and into my cupboard yet! LOL)


...
The little cards are each made at 3.5X3.5 inches square. I used the Bella Toile background stamp in Chocolate Chip on Blush Blossom to make some backgound paper. I find Blush Blossom is a lovely soft colour to work with and it goes well with the Choc Chip and Creamy Caramel that I used to layer these cards.



















I used my tag punch to make this little card. The top is tied with gingham ribbon and linen thread - all from Stampin' Up!




This one has five embossed dots made using a crop a dile with the mat pack - then coloured with a dauber to make them pop. I finished with the stitched grossgrain ribbon in Chocolate Chip.








The box is finished using the Eyelet Border Punch. (You can see that bit better on the picture at the top). I also stamped the box lid with Chocolate Chip ink and that Bella Toile stamp - it gives a lovely subtle effect when you use the same colour as the cardstock. The Happiness Always sentiment is another one from the Sale a Bration stamp set choices. Click here to see how you can get yours for free!




I want to end by saying thank you to all you wonderful people who leave comments on my blog. I love to read them and really appreciate you taking the time to leave a message. Thank you! X

20 comments:

  1. All your projects are wonderful, those little butterfly cards are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what stunning projects love your colour combe and choice of Bella Toile stampset to go with Happy Moments - Lush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! lovely & tempting creations they are... I am forever drooling over them.... For all those yumminess in your creations, I tag u with a practice.... kindly accept & collect it....from my blog..
    If not u hardly visit my place... now... May be u don't like it anymore... ;-) JUST KIDDING.... But do collect your TOFA!!!!

    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty butterfly cards but my fave is the box of cards. That's a chocolate box sure to suit anyone on a diet, lol.

    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Your mini cards are really cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful projects! I'm going to have to get the Bella Toile background stamp - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the box and cards are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your work and your blog! These cards are all so great. I love the tone-on0tone look of the last card with the birdcage, and the butterflies are just so pretty, especially stamped on the envelope. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh fab work, love 'em all, some great examples with the new stamps

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really, really like these!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects! Love those butterfly cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, you've been busy, LOVE the birdcage set :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the vellum butterflies. I've been thinking about getting that set. It's so cute.

    I like the warm feeling of your brown card set. Simple and homey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you have had lots of time in the craft room. I'm jealous. I love them all but my favorite has to be the little note cards at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the little vellum box. What an amazing idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How gorgeous, clever you, the colours are lovely together.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! I love everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those adorable mini cards with the birdcage image. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your work Elizabeth, thanks for the inspiration
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks SO much for your message. I love to hear from you. X

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.